We are experts in the design and implementation of advanced 3-D deterministic transport methods based on Method of Characteristics. With safety evaluations from the NRC for both PWR and BWR systems, TransWare is recognized as a leader in the industry for accuracy and performance.
Our particle transport methods have been used by utilities and universities around the world to support a variety of research and operational activities including lattice physics calculations, patient dose evaluations, shielding calculations, and fluence evaluations.
With particular specialization in light water reactor fluence, we have continually led the industry in modeling capabilities and methods development. Our transport methods support discrete component modeling down to the smallest feature, with true-to-life component modeling for intricate components such as reactor jet pumps and fuel support hardware. Coupled with detailed thermal and fast neutron and gamma cross section libraries, our code calculations have been compared to more than 1,200 industry measurements and benchmarks with an overall calculation-to-measurement ratio of 1.02 ± 0.09.
- NRC-approved fast neutron fluence methodology which conforms to R.G. 1.190.
- More than 1,100 comparisons to surveillance dosimetry and activation specimens with an average calculated-to-measured ratio of 1.01 ± 0.08.
- Advanced modeling techniques allow for precise representations of any reactor component for accurate, best-estimate fluence.
- Experience with a wide range of BWR and PWR configurations having supported more than 30 U.S. and international reactors.
- Work performed under a 10CFR21, Appendix B and NQA-1 compliant quality assurance program.
- Component neutron and gamma heating calculations.
- Finite element analysis code linkage.
- Support for both operating reactor and sub-critical systems (i.e., spent fuel pools).
- Plant-specific BWRVIA modeling, documentation, and validation.
- Ability to support reload design/process computer data from PANACEA/3D-MONICORE, SIMULATE, MICROBURN-B2/POWERPLEX, and POLCA.
- Model validation against water chemistry measurements (HWC only) or hydrogen benchmark tests (NMCA).
- Extensive experience include support for all BWR classes and more than 13 BWRs modeled to date.
- Radiation shielding protects you and your employees from unwanted dose.
- Overly conservative models based on legacy codes increase your costs by limiting worker time and extending maintenance periods.
- TransWare’s advanced methods reduce uncertainty and produce best-estimate dose calculations based on accurate accounting of even the most complex shielding setups.